Coppers Millions Cup

Coppers Millions Cup

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
mangastef
Admin

Login : mangastef

MessageSujet: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Sam 10 Jan 2009 - 14:14

Thursday, February 5th 2009 at 7:30 PM GMT
Read the text below carefully, there may be details you can't see... Thanks Dimitri for translating the text

SUPERJACKPOT of 250,000 coppers
777 777 777 777

- In February 5th, the CMC will celebrate its 2 years of competition. This time, it willl take place at 7:30 PM GMT, and we will offer 7 tracks instead of the usual 4, created by exceptional mappers!

- A teaser video has been produced for this event (in French):
  • Streaming 1: http://www.vimeo.com/2772723
  • Streaming 2: http://www.tm-tube.com/video/5440/l-anniversaire-de-la-cmc-2-ans

Download links:
  • Download 1: http://cmc.teamvip.fr/vids/CMC2ans.avi
  • Download 2: http://tmafg.free.fr/video/CMC2ans.avi (very slow)

- Players can subscribe (min. 100 coppers) on the CoppersMillionCup dedicated server (click here to join, login VIPSRV3), with a reasonable limit of 150 slots.

- How to subscribe: on the window that appears when joining the server, specify your subscribing fee using the mini-keyboard (at least 100 coppers), click on "J'accepte" and confirm the donation. Feel free to donate a lot, every copper received will go to the SUPERJACKPOT!

- The SUPERJACKPOT is on that same server, feel free to boost it by donating Wink

- About the rankings: For this special evening, there will be a Special Distribution :
Two rankings will be involved, the regular one will declare the winners of the CMC and a special ranking for awarding coppers to all players! A few changes will be made on the score calculation.

- Prepare yourself for your satisfaction: During the evening, there will be a lot of players and the maps will be very long! So you should decrease the game graphics and the number of cars shown on the screen. You also need to shut down programs which consume too much in memory or CPU speed. Also consider increasing your computer memory (RAM), especially if you have a few memory, or if your system is slow.

WARNING: subscriptions are now closed due to the unexpected increase of subscriptions.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Have fun on the server while waiting for the official race
Feel free to join the server for fun, especially the evenings and the week-end.

Dernière édition par Dimitri le Sam 9 Jan 2010 - 14:46, édité 17 fois (Raison : tiens, l'édition était en 2009, pas en 2008...)
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
remo

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Jeu 15 Jan 2009 - 21:41

Yes we can Razz

Dimitri
Staff ;)

Login : dimitri1993

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Sam 17 Jan 2009 - 15:39

Here I come back, slowly however, after a long period at the hospital cheers
I improved the old translation, so that it'll be more clear to read. I think that the anniversary will be a success jocolor

Joli logo Ritchi, je te laisse toucher un peu le(s) logo(s), et insiste bien sur le 7:30 PM GMT et le 20h30 Razz

Je te laisse des indices pour traduire^^ :
The races will start at 7:30 PM GMT
2 years (ou 2nd year)
WARNING : subscriptions closed the very day after 4:00 PM GMT!

EDIT: je n'avais pas remarqué les modifs du logo alors que je venais juste d'éditer mon message^^
Super logo comme d'habitude santa
EDIT2: Happy birthday Ritchi lol!

A LIRE PAR TOUT JOUEUR CMC/PMC
PLEASE READ BEFORE PLAYING THE CMC/PMC

Dernière édition par Dimitri le Sam 17 Jan 2009 - 18:42, édité 2 fois (Raison : bon ça fait combien d'édits tout ça?...)
Dimitri
Staff ;)

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Lun 2 Fév 2009 - 18:40

bounce bounce bounce Bump bounce bounce bounce

There's 3 days remaining to subscribe before it's too late... don't waste your chance cheers
Inscriptions will be closed on the 5th after 4:00PM GMT Twisted Evil

mangastef
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Mar 3 Fév 2009 - 18:28

I'm really sorry, but in order to limit lag I am forced to close subscriptions.
We have reached a total of 150 subscribed players. jocolor

Dernière édition par Dimitri le Mar 3 Fév 2009 - 19:05, édité 1 fois (Raison : typos fixed)
JumperJack

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Mar 3 Fév 2009 - 18:38

i have a question regarding the visibility of other players during the match. can i just use the "O" key, or won't that have any effect on the lags i experience during the race?!

or do i really have to set a limit on the number of players visible - and if that's the case, how do i manage that?!

thanks in advance. looking forward to thursday!! clown
Dimitri
Staff ;)

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Mar 3 Fév 2009 - 19:03

JumperJack a écrit:
i have a question regarding the visibility of other players during the match. can i just use the "O" key, or won't that have any effect on the lags i experience during the race?!

or do i really have to set a limit on the number of players visible - and if that's the case, how do i manage that?!
Welcome to the CMC forum santa

Switching the opponents off generally is enough for getting rid of most lags. It would be less fun to play though...
To change the opponent limit, go to the TM launcher, then click Configure and Advanced. The opponent settings are in the "Game" tab.

A maximum of 10 to 15 opponents should be enough if you have a high-end graphics card. If you have an old card, you might also need to decrease game graphics. Better test the different settings one hour before the CMC, that'll give you enough time to react Smile

Have fun on the 5th cheers

remo

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Mar 3 Fév 2009 - 20:22

Welcome JumperJack rabbit

JumperJack

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Mar 3 Fév 2009 - 20:48

ah ok. thanks a lot for your fast answer!! ^^

i agree that playing without opponents is way less fun. but now i found the 'limit the number of opponents', though i can't alter the number at all (i can't click in it, it's fixed). do you maybe know why i can't change this figure?! i don't think it's such a big point though, since there is already "16" in the box, but i'm not sure... Embarassed

mangastef
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Mar 3 Fév 2009 - 21:06

You can test by selecting custom;)

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Mar 3 Fév 2009 - 21:17

wow. thanks a lot!! and honestly, i really feel like a newb now. i play this game for almost four years now, and today i discovered you can limit the number of opponents, but also that you can skip intro's without retiring by pressing enter instead of delete. ^^

thanks a lot. works fine for me now!! ^^
mangastef
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Mar 3 Fév 2009 - 21:24

np, you welcome

Staff ;)

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Mer 4 Fév 2009 - 10:00

Due to the mass number of players, you really should read this:
http://trackmania-cmc.go-forum.net/cmc-races-f5/all-players-please-read-this-t21.htm

I'd feel bad if I had to handle and help lotsa newbies tongue tongue
And remember: it begins on the 5th at 8:30PM GMT+1, with 7 insane tracks for a monthly dose of lulz alien
Posted at 11:00 AM GMT+1

mangastef
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Mer 4 Fév 2009 - 16:33

A last-minute info :

Thanks to TM-Rankings's Relay feature, Lolomax will offer us a relay server for tomorrow evening cheers

Dernière édition par Dimitri le Mer 4 Fév 2009 - 19:46, édité 2 fois (Raison : typos fixed^^)
TwoEagles

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Jeu 5 Fév 2009 - 15:21

Wow, the news story was posted in the USA Zone as world news yesterday, and today the registrations are already closed? Evil or Very Mad Perhaps timing should be considered more when posting such things... I can also offer to help with the translations of this website, I can read French, and as USA ManiaZones Mod, can translate to the forums better for my Zone. I'll visit as a spec I suppose, just out of curiosity about the new maps. Laughing
Dimitri
Staff ;)

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Jeu 5 Fév 2009 - 16:29

TwoEagles a écrit:
Wow, the news story was posted in the USA Zone as world news yesterday, and today the registrations are already closed? Evil or Very Mad Perhaps timing should be considered more when posting such things... I can also offer to help with the translations of this website, I can read French, and as USA ManiaZones Mod, can translate to the forums better for my Zone. I'll visit as a spec I suppose, just out of curiosity about the new maps. Laughing
In fact, subscriptions were closed because the list of players was growing all of a sudden the day the news was posted... Before that, we were about 110 people.
Koko (the server's owner) was unexpected to see 150 subbed players, and preferred us to have a good evening with around 90 people, than playing with hundreds of people, with lags, invalid times and such. Sorry for that. Embarassed

Anyway, feel free to come in spectator mode through the TM-Rankings relay server.
You won't be disappointed watching car crashes and such Very Happy

H-3 before the official race! cheers

TwoEagles

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Jeu 5 Fév 2009 - 16:38

That's all understandable, Dimitri. Smile But what I am saying is that there was no knowledge of this event prior to it being posted in my zone. Shocked Practically all TMUF players are interested in increasing their copper cache, and there are many donors in the USA as well, that are willing to contribute to an event on as large a scale as this one. Wink Perhaps I should start a new thread for CMC in my zone and monitor this bulletin board closely. Laughing Next year, for the annual event, you may expect a large number of USA players in the contest, so don't be surprised at the number of participants wanting to sign up! 777
Dimitri
Staff ;)

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Jeu 5 Fév 2009 - 17:33

I correct you : the Coppers Millions Cup is a monthly event, not a yearly event. There will be an edition every month Very Happy

That's indeed not as easy to prepare such a huge event, as many things may change near the last minute. The staff makes its best in order to ensure that it goes right... Oh well. I'm not going to explain for hours Razz

Let's hope this evening will be calm and epic at the same time jocolor
H-2 777

TwoEagles

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Jeu 5 Fév 2009 - 20:39

I am well aware of the monthly event, Dimitri, and it is not what I was referring to; but the 2 year event, so there is no correction necessary. Very Happy I also know about large contests, as I am currently working on one myself, with the help of all MZ mods on a global scale, with a launch scheduled approximately near the end of March. Very Happy Anyways, perhaps I'll see you in the tournament later. gl & hf. Very Happy
mangastef
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Jeu 5 Fév 2009 - 22:05

The results will be there tomorrow, before lunch time Wink I am too tired for now Crying or Very sad

Admin

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Ven 6 Fév 2009 - 7:09

Here is the first ranking without copper gains, the second one will come soon Very Happy

Admin

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Ven 6 Fév 2009 - 10:06

And finally, the second (and official) ranking cheers

I reversed the points on one map, where there were the most finishers. There's also a gift for the last, who win at least 500 coppers Wink

Image translated by Dimitri

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Ven 6 Fév 2009 - 16:31

wow. 22nd. awesome!! ^^ didn't really expect that since i've been driving in wrong directions on five out of seven tracks... :')

thanks a lot for this awesome competition. i'll keep this monthly thing in mind, so maybe until next month!! ^^

driving loooong tracks with traps, which you don't know, with many people at the same time, is fun. really fun!! ^^
Dimitri
Staff ;)

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Ven 6 Fév 2009 - 18:28

Glad you enjoyed it sunny

Well, I'm around 45th to 50th, mainly because of my defective RAM which regularly closes my game out. Because of it I couldn't finish the Stadium (game crashed twice, but I wouldn't finish without crashing anyway) nor the Rally (it closed at the finish).

Technically, my game memory is messing up for me once the RAM use reaches 90%... when memory moves to the swapfile. Sometimes it just messes with the FX effects, sometimes with the gameplay, and sometimes it closes out. It'a a quite disturbing problem Suspect

Well, anyway I still enjoyed the ride, because there's a trick to reset the RAM level : quit the server, load some rally from the campaign and come back. I forgot to do that before the real Rally track though, which also caused to me major lags...
GG everyone^^

Dernière édition par Dimitri le Mar 10 Mar 2009 - 17:12, édité 1 fois
mangastef
Admin

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Ven 6 Fév 2009 - 21:01

All coppers are distributed Wink

Dernière édition par Dimitri le Ven 6 Fév 2009 - 22:49, édité 1 fois (Raison : correction^^)
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!   Aujourd'hui à 12:05

CMC24 : the race of February 2009 - 2-year celebration!
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1